Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hungry and No Place to Go

Need I say more? The North Fork has the worse places to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have a couple of rules that I follow when dining out and they go something like this.

1. Restaurants with carpeting are generally out

2. Fried seafood joints definately out

3. Anything with the word "Elbow" in it are totally out

Okay, simple...and would you believe it, now our dining options are practically down to ZERO. There are a few establishments on the Fork that make my cut, but because my selections are small...I have frequented them too many times and find myself desperate for change!

Frisky Oyster
North Fork Inn and Table
Love Lane Kitchen
Bayview
I warned you, the list is very short. We have a real food consumption problem out here. Forkers need to stop eating bad food and demanding better food by not eating bad food. Stop going to "Skippers," stop going to "O'Malley's," stop going to "Do-Littles," stop going to "Michaelangelo's," stop going to "The Seafood Barge," stop going to "The Rhumline," stop going to "Lenny's," stop going to "Founder's," stop stop stop! If intelligent people consider this concept for a moment, bad places can't stay open for business if people don't eat their bad food. I hear complaints of the short list dining options as being too expensive. Not so. If people stop making poor dining choices and saving their appetites and their money for a single dining out experience per week, well then you've got something. Naturally, two things will happen. Bad places will go away and better places will stay in business and multiply. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment