Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inner Peace vs. Outer Beauty

Something to ponder and debate about I suppose. For me, inner peace is obtained to a moderate extent through outer beauty. For instance, on the days that I don't go to the gym and do my thing, mentally I am off and the little voices go round about in my head throughout my day telling me not to eat...your fat, you should of gone to the gym, you're lazy etc. On days that I do go to the gym, my psyche is happy and the voices are silenced. On days that I don't "put myself together" and look presentable, I don't feel as good about myself as opposed to days when I do put in the effort. How I express myself on the outside is often reflectory of how I am feeling on the inside.

I think this concept varies from person to person. I'm sure there are those women that dress according to how they are feeling inwardly...sometimes this is not always a good thing. When I am most cranky I usually look my best in an attempt to hide what is really going on within. Any thoughts???

However, I am confident when I say that we are judged by how we express ourselves in appearance. People do not observe our "inner peace" first, instead it is our physical selves which are suspect to the most criticism. What hides within is personal and not revealed to just anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment